NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems

2004 Land Rover Discovery II transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Land Rover Discovery II:

2004 Land Rover Discovery II Owner Comments

May 172004

Discovery II

My name is jay hong and I am writing to you in regards to the service of a vehicle done recently at the Land Rover in encino, ca. On approximately May 17, 2004 my vehicle was dropped off in order for the transmission box to be replaced. Nearly a week later I was told that the needed part was back ordered and was told that the vehicle had to be picked up immediately. I then expressed my concern to a service representative by the name of terri larocca, that due to the vehicle lunging forward at times and the possibility of getting into a collision, that I preferred that the vehicle be left there until the service was completely. I was told however that despite such occurrences, the vehicle cold not be left there and had to picked up. On approximately June 10, 2004, after being notified that the required part had come in, I dropped of the vehicle in order for the part to be replaced. The odometer reading was noted and the vehicle was taken in. However on June 14, 2004 the odometer showed an exceeded mileage of nearly sixty miles over the documented invoice. I notified the service department via telephone who only stated that the odometer must have been incorrectly documented and that the technician who had preformed the service, only had driven the vehicle no more than six miles. Within one hour later, my brother went to the servicing department and spoke with trisha lucero who stated that she as well as other individuals were the ones who drove the vehicle for that exceeded mileage.

- Irvine, CA, USA