NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Power Assist: Vacuum: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings Problems

6.2

2002 Land Rover Freelander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Land Rover Freelander:

2002 Land Rover Freelander Owner Comments

Jul 162002

Freelander 6-cyl

The 2002 Freelander S I own has very poor brakes. At 12000 miles or so I took the vehicle in for some other problems and was told the brakes had to be replaced. I want to note that Land Rover compensated me for the cost of the brake pads because there were other front end problems. Today I took my Freelander in and the dealership gave me an identical 2003 Freelander. The brakes were somewhat better and the Freelander had 11000 miles. I am hoping the dealership can fix this problem. I also have had several instances where the car lurched forward on its own. I thought it was my driving until I saw other entries on this site. One other item is that my 2002 Freelander A/C blower is very loud. I noticed that the 2003 Freelander I am driving today the blower is somewhat normal. The speakers in my and two other landrover Freelanders are vibrating due to the lack on insulation in the door frames.

- Van Nuys, CA, USA