1998 Lincoln Continental miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Lincoln Continental:

1998 Lincoln Continental Owner Comments

Apr 092014

I am one person among many that have been having many problems with the Ford front wheel drive transmission. Bought my 98 Lincoln Continental with 97000 miles on it, at 109000 miles had to pay 2400 to have the transmission pulled and rebuilt. I'm 65 years old and have never even hit the passing gear. At 155000 miles it had to get pulled again. 1500 dollars at thst time. Now with 175000 miles on it the check transmission signal is on again. I did not until now do any code checks or internet search, but I do believe that Ford knows they built a bad unit. Looking to find out if there have been any silent recalls or if your department has any information that could help me. My car is in mint condition and runs great except for the transmission. I remember reading that this problem was investigated or going to be looked at. Currently I get a P1744 code off the computer. I hope there is a silent recall or some info you may have that could help me.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 232003

Service and repair of 1998 Lincoln Continental. The consumer was upset that the dealer was still servicing the vehicle which was going on the sixth week.

- Pelham, AL, USA