2001 Lincoln LS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln LS:

2001 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Apr 062004

LS 8-cyl

The electrical coils in the 2001 Lincoln Ls are a major expense imposed upon the owner. These coild are over $280 to replace and usually after replacing one another soon goes out or goes out on the same day as the replaced coil. Alll of the mechanics at Lincoln are aware of this problem and said its a major problem with the car. I have replaced 4 of the 8 as today and will be replacing another one this week. I think consumers must be made aware of this problem. I am in the market for purchasing a new car and I mus say, "buyer beware of Lincoln-Mercury. Hats off to chrylsler, the dealer of all of my previous cars. I had no major problems with none of the 3 cars I purchased from them. I just cannot believe rthis is happening to me and I am sure so many other consumers of this very pretty car that's a lemon!.

- Union City, GA, USA