2001 Lincoln LS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln LS:

2001 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Jul 232003

LS 8-cyl

While backing out of driveway and without prior warning vehicle suddenly accelerated. Both feet were on the brake pedal but vehicle continued to run. The tires were spinning while the brake was applied. Mechanic checked for pedal binding and ran all self test. There were no trouble codes stored in the computer system. The vehicle was road tested in warm and cold conditions. The technician determined that everything was working according to manufacturers specifications. The passenger side headlamp had water inside it. The dealer replaced the headlamp assembly.

- Amityville, NY, USA

May 052002

LS

I am a 57 year old registerd nurse. I went to work at saint elizabeths hospital in brighton. I stopped at the parking garage entrance to get a parking ticket. When the arm went and I be gan to pull in to the garage the gas pedal went right to the floor the engine began to race uncontrolably. I had both feet pressed firmly on the brake pedal trying to stop the car. It raced forward with the wheels screeching on the garage floor, I was terrified. The car hit a parked car with such force that it spun the car 180 degrees around. All during this time 5 to 10 seconds and about 100 feet the engine was racing as if the gas pedal was floored. Both my feet were firmly on the brake pedal trying to stop the car. I hope someone takes this complaint seriously and makes the dealer fix this car before I or someone else gets killed. I am terrified that this may happen again, and I am thouroughly upset that this is not being taken seriously. I see from your board that I am not the only person that has had this problem.

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Nov 062001

LS

Vehicle started to accelerate to speeds of 60 mph and idles of 3000 RPM before consumer finally shut vehicle off. This happened when consumer was in traffic and started to move. Contacted dealer.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Oct 102001

LS

When at a stop and brake applied, engine will rev, and rear wheels spinned for about 5 seconds. This has happened 4 times, vehicle taken to dealer, but no cause was found.

- Bowie, MD, USA