6.0

1. wrong program put in by lincoln,rebuild tranny (1 reports)
2001 Lincoln LS transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln LS:

2001 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Aug 012001

LS

I took my car to the dealership (Steele Ford in Halifax ) and was told that the wrong program was put in the car by Lincoln during assembly . I was also told that if the problem persisted (which it has) that I would have to have the transmission rebuilt out of my own pocket . Should Lincoln be responsible for the repairs since they installed the wrong programing in the transmission from the factory ....would that not be classified as a factory default therefore making Lincoln responsible for the repairs ? I would like to receive feedback from other Lincoln Ls owners who may have encountered the same problems or better yet an answer from Lincoln would even be better .

- , Atigonish, NS, Canada