1. changed the coils (1 reports)
2004 Lincoln LS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln LS:

2004 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Oct 032012

The car began missing or jerking mostly between 55-60 mph. At first I thought it was the transmission slipping. I had the transmission serviced and for a while I thought it took care of my problem. That's because the problem was sporadic. I went for sometime and the missing/jerking continued to get worse. I had bought an extended warranty so took it in to the dealer. They changed coil number 6 and there was much improvement. A few months latter it returned. I took it back in and number 4 coil was bad. I asked them to just change them all, but the warranty would only replace the one that showed defective.

I took my chances and it was a mistake. About three weeks later I was driving and the car jerked and then all power gave out. The car was running, but would only go about 5-10 mph. I was less than a mile from the Ford dealer and I crippled the car to the shop. I told them I was tired of changing the coils one at a time and to change them all. They did and my car has never run better. It also increased my gas mileage by 2 mpg. Lesson learned: when one coil goes out, bite the dust and change them all. My complaint with Lincoln is: why should I be changing coils on a car with only 55,000 miles.