2004 Lincoln LS transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln LS:

2004 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Jun 132008

Purchased a used 2004 Lincoln Ls with 43,000 miles, with premium warranty my transmission now begins to have hard shift in 3-4 and in reverse. Sometimes when I put on the brakes the transmission hit hard. Jerks the car, to the brakes stop is delayed 10 sec. I had a car come in to my lane with out warning, and due to the transmission jerks when braking my car was struck, minor but if I was going faster I could of lost control. I see alot of complaints, why haven't there been any actions. This car was purchased at $19,000 and I still owe. Know I have a lemon. I even had my transmission flushed. Please note these transmissions are sealed not dip sticks, this fluid changed cost me $250 and I still have problems. The E warning is showing.

- Biola, CA, USA