2005 Lincoln LS fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lincoln LS:

2005 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Mar 042011

LS 8-cyl

My car would not start at my home. I had my car towed to my car repair shop and was told I need a new fuel injector. I had that replaced. Cost was over 1200.

- Dunbar, WV, USA

Feb 172012

LS 6-cyl

Multiple problems-probably some how related : in speed up lane to interstate - at 55mph car bucks/hesitates while trying to gain speed onto the interstate at 45/55 mph constant speed car looses power and begins to buck/hesitate causing you to loose speed check engine light sometimes with above criteria - P0305, P0306, P0300.

- Covington, LA, USA

Jan 222012

LS 6-cyl

I noticed what I thought was an exhaust leak on the interior of my 2005 Ls, so I raised the hood didn't smell anything. I did however notice that their was oil spots in my driveway. I took the car immediately to the repair shop and had the top half of the engine resealed. Two days later I started the car and after letting it warm up; I got in and the smell was still there. I took it back and after 4 hours of labor the sniffer alarm sounded on the fuel tank. While searching for a repair the mechanic discovered the Ford recall notice 05S29, NHTSA campaign id number : 05V113000. So I went my Lincoln dealer and they told me that there was "no recall notice for a leaking fuel tank for the Ls." Not satisfied I took my repair documentations to a Ford dealer, and they stated that there was a recall, but my car was not included. Note: This is where I really got ticked off. There is a recall for the problem I have, but because the research was improperly performed I need to pay Ford $1600 to replace a tank that would otherwise be free. It's obvious that the research is faulty...

- Milford, DE, USA