2015 Lincoln MKC steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lincoln MKC:

2015 Lincoln MKC Owner Comments

Jan 042016

MKC

Hours after I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 Lincoln Mkc with approximately 19K miles the tire pressure light came on (Friday). I was told the car had a perfect carfax. I also noticed the air vent to the back seat didn't seem to work well. I called the dealership as soon as they re-opened and was told to bring the car in Monday). On Monday morning, as I turned at approx 10mph into a parking lot, halfway through the turn I completely lost the ability to steer causing the car to run straight into a curb. When I say lose steering, it was unlike anything I've ever experienced. As I turned the wheel, the car ceased to respond. I got out to walk around the car and there was no ice or black ice, and it was not slippery to me. Though it felt like minutes in my head, it had to have been a matter of no more than 1-3 seconds. I've been driving for over 15 years and have a perfect driving record. Thankfully my daughter was not in the car and I was turning off a side road at a slow speed or else I wouldn't be alive to write this. The dealership towed the car in for service. I was clearly terrified and shaken up over the incident. The used car manager started off as incredibly sympathetic and over the next few days began speaking down to me, saying there was nothing wrong with the car, that they ran every test and the car is fine regardless of what I experienced. So now, my option is to keep the car or turn it in and lose thousands. I asked for copies diagnostic reports and was told there were none. The dealership has had my car for 2 weeks now. I looked up other recalls and asked if maybe the car stalled and I was just too shaken up to realize- no response I had such wonderful experience with my first Lincoln, I decided buy a second, but after this experience and poor protocol, I can't say that I would purchase another. That is, if I even survive this one.

- Fenton, MI, USA