2009 Lincoln MKS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lincoln MKS:

2009 Lincoln MKS Owner Comments

Sep 302013

MKS

I purchased a mopar vehicle protection plan as my first extended plan from Chrysler for a pre-owned 2009 Lincoln Mks model. I took the vehicle into a reputable Lincoln-Ford dealership to have a few issues resolved. These issues are: 1) bad smelling fumes entering the cabin of the vehicle when the air is on in any mode setting such as the windshield or base mode. The fumes smell so toxic that sometimes it results in nausea and headaches. You have to turn off the air and put down all the windows to air out all the fumes in the car. The smell comes and goes and usually happens when the car has been driven for over 20-30 minutes with the air or heat on. The dealer quickly found the issue and gave me a diagnosis. There was a leak and they even showed me where the leak was coming from. The leak was burning into the exhaust manifold and created harmful fumes which was going into the cabin of the vehicle. I left the vehicle at the dealer because it was not healthy to drive it, especially since I did not want my family going into the car; especially my new born and being exposed to potential nausea, headaches or any illnesses. The car was at the dealership for almost two weeks before an inspector came out to inspect the vehicle. 1) the inspector felt it was not a serious leak and that he qualified it as a seepage and not a leak? this raises a lot of questions on the inspector since I believe that mopar is paying him a percentage to keep the repair costs down by rejecting honest claims 2) the inspectors claims raises questions on whether or not he is truly qualified to inspect this vehicle. If he was doing his job correctly he would have made sense that if the vehicle is seating (not driving), the gasket or seals won't expand causing the heat to shrink the seal or gasket causing the oil to pour out! any professional would know the difference! overall my car was not fixed.

- Trumbull , CT, USA