2013 Lincoln MKT steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lincoln MKT:

2013 Lincoln MKT Owner Comments

May 092016

The contact owns a 2013 Lincoln Mkt. While driving 5 mph, the power steering failed. Prior to the failure, the power steering assist warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering control module was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering); however, the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 162015

I was on a highway, going around 50~55 miles per hour.suddenly I lost power in steering wheel.there was no warning sign, no sound at all.I turned my right signal but it was stopped working as well.I put my flashers on and pulled over to right was impossible for me to move a steering wheel in either direction.had to tow the car back to my home.on Friday the 17th, I called Ford dealer in queens(,which happen to be near my home)she put me on hold and never came back on line.I had some important things to do today, which I did.I checked Ford dealers web site in queens.the next available day is July 24th. I drive for living so its impossible for me to sit home for one week.I will walk in to dealer first thing on Monday the 20th of July.

- Woodside, NY, USA

Oct 212013

The contact owns a 2013 Lincoln Mkt. The contact stated he heard a loud clunking noise when turning. The vehicle was taken to dealer. The dealer stated the entire steering shaft assembly would need to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure persisted. The dealer then stated both lower suspension arms and bushing brackets would need repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 17,243. Remailed 10/01/14

- Fresno, CA, USA