2.4

2007 Lincoln MKX accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln MKX:

2007 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jan 302016

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. When the contact pushed the button for the driver seat to recline, the seat fell all the way back and landed on the rear driver side seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver seat recliner motor and switch failed and need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,768.

- Rocklin, CA, USA

Jul 172012

MKX 6-cyl

On July 17,2012 I got into my 2007 Lincoln Mkx and put the key in the ignition. I have a memory seat so it started to get into my position. Well, the seat back started coming forward and would not stop. It pushed my body into the steering wheel while the seat bottom continued to move forward also. I started to panic as I was wedged into the steering wheel and my knees were tightly pressed against the dash. I tried to get the seat to stop moving by pressing the set button on the door and it would not. Luckily, the seats are leather which allowed me to slide myself out. This has never happened before and was very terrifying. I honestly thought I was going to be crushed. There needs to be some type of safety stop. If the seat is moved as far forward as possible there is less than 5 inches between the seat back and the steering wheel. This is very unsafe as the motor is so powerful that it could crush a child or seriously hurt a pregnant woman. I am now too afraid to even drive this car for fear it could happen again. There is no reason that the seat should move that far forward. Apparently, there is some type of malfunction with the seat. I believe there should be a recall on this.

- Princeton, WV, USA

Aug 202011

MKX 6-cyl

As I was approaching a stop sign at a local shopping center, the driver's side seat suddenly moved forward, backwards, then the back part reclined and rested in that position.

- Macon, GA, USA