2.1

2008 Lincoln MKX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln MKX:

2008 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Oct 212016

MKX

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkx. While driving 20 mph, an abnormal sound emitted from the vehicle and the instrument panel warning indicators illuminated. The brakes and steering became inoperable. The vehicle eventually stopped independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 149,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 292016

MKX

There has recently been a recall on Ford/Lincoln trucks for the brake boosters being bad. I have a 2008 Lincoln Mkx and my brake booster started making a noise last week. I took it in to a mechanic and he told me the brake booster was failing but it may not go out for 6 month or even years. You never know. However, I would like to know if someone is looking into this or if I can request this since I have not yet received a notice for my 2008 Lincoln Mkx and it is a faulty part.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 152016

MKX

My car has 69,129 miles on it and I just had to have the brake booster replaced for the third time.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 262015

MKX

The brakes are very hard to press and upon "pumping" almost completely fail. Fail like put the car in neutral or don't stop! still passed inspection today even with the I think it is your "booster". I know nothing but found several(many ) complaints that were exactly as mine. This is not a defect" this is a part that all would say could or should wear out. My wife drives this car, are you kidding me? I also read that it could cost between $750-$1,000 for the replacement! how could this not be a recall. We have owned this vehicle for 4 years and it went bad fast! like yesterday! no help from our gov"

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

Aug 172014

MKX

The brakes are stiff, have a whistle when pushed in to floor and sounds like air is coming from brake pedal. Can barely stop the car.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Sep 112012

MKX

While driving my vehicle I applied the brakes. The brake pedal became very stiff and the vehicle was not slowing down. I stepped harder on the brake pedal and the vehicle finally slowed down and came to a complete stop. I pulled over the side of the road and when I pressed on the brake pedal it went to the floor slowly and a high pitched sound came from the engine compartment. I turned the engine off and checked the brake fluid reservoir to insure that I did not have a leak. I started the engine again and headed to my home. Everything worked normally. I told my wife to not use the car and to use our other vehicle. I called ahead to the dealer for service and brought the vehicle in. When they called me they said the brake boost had failed. They changed it and checked the brakes and the vehicle was working correctly. I moved to Florida and the brake boost has failed again. This is after approximately 20,000 miles. The same symptoms as the previous failure. This is disconcerting because the replacement unit failed as well leading me to believe there are potential disasters out there.

- North Port, FL, USA

Sep 242012

MKX

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkx. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the brake pedal seized while trying to decrease vehicle speed. The contact was able to decrease vehicle speed by applying excessive force to the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the master cylinder failed, which caused the rubber to harden on the brake pedal. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was approximately 71,000 and the current mileage was 72,500.

- Norfolk, VA, USA