2.8

2011 Lincoln MKX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Apr 242015

MKX 6-cyl

I was driving about 55 to 60 mph, just off highway, while my Mkx all of sudden lost all power. The vehicle was still moving, however, stepped on the gas pedal, the car was not gaining any speed. I managed to pull over immediately to avoid rear-ended and shut off the engine. After a few minutes, tried to start the vehicle, it sounded nosier than usual but it seems worked fine. The weather condition is nice and shiny. I was on the road for about 1.5 hours, rush hour with about 30 min bumper to bumper. My Mkx is a 2011 model with 51000 miles. I googled this issue and found out "Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Ford edge and Lincoln Mkx vehicles manufactured September 2, 2010, to November 30, 2013. The Ford recall number is 14S10" for the same problem I was experienced. Why Mkx 2011 model is not included.

- Livermore, CA, USA