3.4

2012 Lincoln MKX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKX:

2012 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Apr 212016

MKX

The contact owns a 2012 Lincoln Mkx. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle lost power and stalled. The wrench light illuminated. The contact coasted the vehicle to the side of the road, restarted the vehicle, and resumed driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,000.

- Lithia, FL, USA

Nov 052014

MKX

I noticed a few days ago when I was in traffic my brakes didn't want to hold. I pressed really hard and only then did my car stopped. I took it to a mechanic and he checked it out and said my brakes looked great. Two days ago I was driving and my car just shut off and the engine light came on. I took it to the Ford dealer to have it checked out. I was told it was a faulty value and that my brakes were fine. When I went to leave the dealer my car shut off in the middle of the highway and my brakes failed I was thankful that there were no cars in front of me. I immediately turned around and went back to the dealer. The manager came and checked it out and he said the booster part of the brakes were defected and my car was still under warranty. The car is now in the shop. I noticed when I checked online that others have had the same issues. My fear was having an accident!

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 292013

MKX 6-cyl

Vehicle power & computer failed (shut off) while driving at 40 mph in clear weather.

- Eastover, SC, USA