8.3

2013 Lincoln MKX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lincoln MKX:

2013 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Apr 092013

MKX 6-cyl

Near the end of my daily hour long commute home I was coming up to a stop sign, as I was decelerating up to the stop sign, the low oil pressure light came on, the steering seize up, the accelerator failed to function, and the braking was sluggish. I was luckily able to steer to the side of the road. I put the vehicle in park, pressed the power button to turn the car off and the car turned off. I turned the car back on as normal and all systems appeared to function as if nothing had happened. I brought the car in for service and they informed me the computer did not register any faults, errors, or issues. This is concerning, because if this problem had occurred on the highway at highway speeds and I were to lose acceleration and steering control, I would not be able to type this report. The dealer service technicians are unable to locate the issue because it was not recorded.

- Loganville, GA, USA