2014 Lincoln MKX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKX:

2014 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jul 012016

2014 Lincoln Mkx. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle moves when gear shifter in park position, power lift gate sporadically opens/rises, carbon monoxide odors inside vehicle. The consumer stated a light illuminated that indicated the vehicle was not in park, when the consumer moved the gear to park. The consumer stated he shook the gear shift a little and the light went out. A few days later, before he could raise the hatch, the vehicle started rolling backwards into the street. The consumer managed to get in the vehicle, and once again a light was on, indicating the vehicle was not in park, despite him placing the vehicle in park. Also, the passenger side mirror would sporadically go all the way up while driving, which made the entire right side of the vehicle a blind spot. After a year and a half of complaints, the dealer inspected the mirror and determined it was defective and replaced it. The rear hatch would sporadically open, and rise when the vehicle was parked or being driven. The consumer stated intermittently, a light would illuminate on the vehicle, saying a key was not detected exhaust fumes entered the vehicle while driving at times.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Mar 162016

1st tracking number 10849876 - advance service tract (provided to dealership for repair) on 3/16/2016, contacted 24 hr dealership to retrieve SUV. In addition to the service tract failure (indicator light showing 2 cars), now have multiple problems. Problems consist of: Cross service system fault, vehicles rolls forward & backward after stopping, and a big clunk when putting in a gear. Spoke with the (a) GM of the dealership and informed him vehicle was in for the service tract failure on 2/8/2016 and now I have the same problem and additional problem. I was on a city street when the advance service tract immediately lit up with 2 indicators on the right side of the steering wheel. Attempted to make a right turn and the cross service system fault light appeared with a tool like object on the left side of the steering wheel. While attempting to make a right turn, the car did not want to go forward, barely moving and a tiny hill to pull was impossible. I immediately start detouring away from major city street because I had not idea what was happening and I needed to get home with a senior citizen over 80 with me. The SUV had difficulty moving forward. For a 2014 Lincoln Mkx, I was informed that I had a transmission problem and apparently a call was made to the hot line to fix the advance service tract and the cross service system fault. My concern, is the 2014 Mkx a Lincoln lemon? received SUV back on 3/18/2016

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Feb 172015

MKX 6-cyl

I parked my vehicle on a slight incline in parking lot, when shortly thereafter, the vehicle rolled away and crashed into a gate. I had parked the vehicle, walked to the back of the vehicle and went inside to conduct my business. The fact that the roll back did not happen as I parked indicates that the car was properly parked. Being perplexed as to why my parked vehicle suddenly rolled back I then discovered that the Ford co. Had a recall on some of their Lincoln Mkx 2014's. my vehicle may have been manufactured outside of their current recall period; however, this does not dictate that my vehicle did not experience the same malfunction. My situation matches exactly that which is described in their announcement consequence summary. I am confident that this situation is exactly as described in Ford recall 14S10/ campaign number 14V393000. However the Ford co. Continues to deny that this was a result of their recall problem. I have sent an official letter outlining my situation. Status update. 09/23/15. Updated 01/07/16.

- St. Thomas, VI, USA

Apr 022014

The contact owns a 2014 Lincoln Mkx. While parked on a flat surface, the vehicle rolled backwards without warning. The failure recurred approximately four times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 300. Updated 3/24/15

- Scott City, MO, USA