2008 Lincoln MKZ electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln MKZ:

2008 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Sep 102014

Bought this car from a Lincoln dealer ship in norman, Oklahoma. Later moved to Texas to be closer to my daughter. The car had not done this before, but one night while I was at their house, walked out and the car started by its self. Several times I have been shopping and have come out and my sun-roof and all of my windows are down. This has happened several times since. I regularly take it to a Lincoln dealer here in houston. I have asked them several times what the problem is, and they say that it is related to the programmed key, and their is nothing they can do about it. I am 78 years old, and having this happen in the houston area is really a safety factor. Have tried to manipulate the key to try and make theses things happen, but to no avail. A gentlemen that resides where I live now recently came up to my apartment and wanted to know if I knew that my sun-roof and windows were down. Every dealership that I have taken it too does not seem to know what the problem is. Only that is related to the key. I need help solving this problem. I can only guess at the date when it first happened.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Mar 032016

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkz. The contact purchased an ignition coil and the vehicle would not start. The check engine light illuminated and the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that a replacement coil was needed. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred intermittently. The approximate failure mileage was 190,000.

- Saline, LA, USA

Jan 282016

This is my fathers car. He is a wwii vet and just shy of 98 years old. We just replaced an ac on the car, and now the computer has failed and need replacing. The federal warranty for this state is 8 years or 80K miles. The car has 47K miles and the 8 year warranty ended 1 month and 20 days ago. Lincoln will not stand behind their product to even prorate an amount to help him. This is the vehicle he uses to get to dr appts. I find it hard to swallow there lack of compassion for him and their product.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jan 112016

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkz. The contact stated that there was an abnormal noise and the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was unable to restart and was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was to be inspected and diagnosed by a dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 62,197.

- Corona, CA, USA