2011 Lincoln MKZ seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKZ:

2011 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Lincoln Mkz. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Arp, TX, USA

Feb 072015

Not inspected no paperwork available for vehicle

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 022014

MKZ 6-cyl

I was the driver; the accident occured day'sunny around noon;I was in a library parking lot pulling into a parking space -slowly suddenly, the car leapt forward the and "something" seemed to be under the accelerator- it leapt forward I could lt not make the car stop; what stopped the car wasae concrete light post which exploded. If I had not hit the post the car would have gone in to a lake and I might have drowned. I was alone the car - and I had about $10,000 damage to my car. I believe the floor mat shifted and was under the accelerator and I am very distressed. Also -the airbags did not deploy. This needs to be addresssed- I contacted Ford but they said I as not affected by the massive previous recall of floor mats., this floormat issue needs to be addressed or someone will die.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 112013

40 M, car when right off road, hit a poll. Center to right front damage. Air bag did not deploy. I did not have any cuts on face but my head was hurting hard. Alot I don't remember after that for days.

- Weatherford, TX, USA