2012 Lincoln MKZ engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKZ:

2012 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Nov 242014

MKZ

I fully stopped in a parking place where I use to go every Monday to pick up kids from a dancing school. After I fully stopped and try to put the clutch on P the car accelerated by itself. I went trough a building and as I tried to control the car I was trying to put in P and I was not able. I kept my foot on the brake and tried to stabilize the car..eventually the car ended in a ditch and I was able to exit immediately. The air begs opened only after I exit the car. I was in complete shock and I was taken to a local hospital by the rescue squad. I asked my insurance to keep the completely damaged car to be inspected by Lincoln inspectors since the car had 2 problems 1. accelerated when fully stopped 2 air begs did not open during the crash with the building my insurance chubb wrote to Lincoln company but until today no one responded or inspected the damaged car. I was lucky the kids were still in class, I could have heard many of them if I would have been a few minutes later. I request an investigation of the car sincerely

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Jul 172012

MKZ 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Lincoln Mkz. The contact stated that while at a complete stop, the vehicle shook and went into limp mode. The contact also stated that while making a turn at an unknown speed, the vehicle accelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they could not duplicate the cause of failure. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 1,000. Tyhe consumer stated the vehicle idles rough at stand still. It surges when accelerating from an almost braking stop while driving. The garage door home ling fails at times. Brake pedal makes a clunking noise when released. Headlines sags in the front of rear window. Updated 06/17/2013

- Milton, DE, USA