2012 Lincoln MKZ steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKZ:

2012 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Feb 022015

The contact owns a 2012 Lincoln Mkz. While driving approximately 40 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning and excessive force was required. As a result of the failure, the vehicle drove onto a curb and fractured the rims and tires. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but they could not diagnose the failure. The tires were replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 29,000.

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Sep 052014

MKZ 6-cyl

On spetember 5, 2014, I was traveling in Missouri. The car didn't seem to handle as it should. I had a stop sign, and it seemed to be okay then. I decided to slow down in case there was an issue. The first curve I came to, the car would not turn right, and went down a steep embankment. According to the police report, I was never able to steer it right towards the road again. My left knee was injured. Also, the car needed a new PCM....updated 01/29/15

- Camphill, IL, USA

May 022014

MKZ 6-cyl

On turning right power steering shuts off and only had manual steering control until wheels were straightened and the power steering returned. This only happens on turning right. Went to dealer complaint is on file, dealer said nothing wrong new cars power steering different than previous cars. This is terrible and if not fixed I am going to trade in this car. It is the worst steering auto I ever had. I am 83 and I have had a lot of cars in my lifetime from different auto companies but none ever had this steering problem..

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Aug 242012

MKZ 4-cyl

I was driving at about 15 mph all of a sudden power steering froze. Warning light "service advancetrac" and "power steering failure came on. I turned car off and on and steering was back to normal. Two days later the same thing happened right after starting the car. This situation is very dangerous, as the car was almost impossible to control. Car is at dealer now, they say part has a backlog of over 1700 units. Could take months for repair.

- Chicago, IL, USA