4.3

2014 Lincoln MKZ steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKZ:

2014 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Dec 162016

MKZ

I have constant issues with the power deck lid not working when it is cold, it wont even pop the trunk. This morning I experienced a dead battery and when I got the vehicle jumped and started, the power steering warning came on as well as a traction control, hill start warnings and the power steering isnt working at all. The vehicle was stationary. I am unable to turn the wheel.

- Murray, UT, USA

Dec 302015

MKZ 6-cyl

While turning a corner the power steering went out and became extremely heavy, almost unable to turn the wheel to complete the turn. A notification came on from the car indicating "service advance trac" and "steering assist fault service required".

- Novi, MI, USA

Jun 292015

MKZ 4-cyl

Received an "important safety recall" letter, called the dealer to setup an appt, and learned that the parts are not available. I then call Ford Corp, and they could not give me an estimate of when the parts will be available. Ford Corp told me that if I had the current problems with steering, then they might be able to accelerate the parts. I am not having current problems, but this is ridiculous since the car is being recalled to avoid the problems....safety recall notice 15S14 NHTSA recall 15V-250..updated 11/12/15 the consumer stated the issue was resolved. Updated 12/15/15.

- Chelmsford, MA, USA