2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid:

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 022015

MKZ Hybrid

Started car and steering was so hard I could not safely steer the car. It was towed to the dealer (margate Lincoln, margate Florida) for repair. They told me the incident was not related to the manufactures recall and that I would have to pay for it. I have repair coverage so it only cost me $100 and the plan paid the remainder. If I did not have coverage it was going to be around $2,000. I am 73 and was unable to steer the car safely at any speed. I am now scared of the car because of what could happen and think it is unsafe to me, my passengers and the general driving public.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

May 112015

MKZ Hybrid

Loss of power steering in the vehicle - power steering assist fault, while driving the vehicle. Pulled the vehicle over and after 5 times of turning the vehicle off, and then restarting it, the alert would go away and the power steering would be active again. Has been an ongoing issue for the last 6 months, however it has been a daily issue for the last week.

- Walton, KY, USA

Jul 292014

MKZ Hybrid 4-cyl

Power steering assist went out while driving car. Steering system fault light went on. Pulled over, turned off engine and then restarted it. Power steering assist worked until a few hours later it went off again in the driveway. Turned off engine and then restarted it and power steering assist worked again. Took car to the dealer on July 31. I was given a loaner car and I picked up my car on August 1.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

May 172014

MKZ Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving slowly (less than 30 mph), a chime sounded and two messages appeared on my dash-board, "power steering assist fault, " and "service advancetrac." Simultaneously, power steering assist stopped working, requiring me to muscle the steering wheel around in order to maneuver out of harms way. In addition to the incident described above, the same thing (loss of power steering and those two messages) occurred several other times, at various speeds and conditions. I was always able to restore function by restarting the engine once or twice while parked.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA