1996 Lincoln Mark VIII lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII:

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Owner Comments

Dec 122015

Mark VIII 4.6L V8

Head lights dim since I acquired car in 2012 or so.have to drive at night on high beem. Last week, I replaced bulbs on right side, and noticed voltage is about 11.4 volt, head and tail lights on, and engine off. and bulbs very dim. They shouldn't be that dim with almost full battery voltage. I polished the two ground terminals, and the mounting area. but this did not help. Last night we came home in a little bit of rain, and I could hardly see the road. This perfectly good vehicle is now too dangerous to drive at night.

Please notice that it was not equipped with those high energy bulbs, I replaced the bulbs with those designated in the original owners manual, and the same number as I removed, i.e. 9005. I purchased the more expensive premium bulbs. This vehicle should be recalled.

- , Red Bluff, CA, USA