8.7

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII:

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Owner Comments

Mar 092015

Mark VIII LSC 4.6L V8

Driver's side door handle broke when I opened my door too harshly (was in a hurry and running late). It somehow snapped and kept the latch open. I had to drive around for a week with my seatbelt through the interior door handle because the door wouldn't latch.

Part was $90, and the mechanic at my work spent 4 hours fixing it for me.

A month ago, the passenger side door handle snapped. I left it. The driver opens the door from the inside now to let the passenger in.

Yet another complaint about this defective part from FORD.

- , Green Bay, WI, USA

May 152008

Mark VIII LSC 4.6L

I am in the U.S Navy, just got stationed in Hawaii. I went and bought a 1998 Mark VIII LSC with 90,000 miles, 1 week later I was in the Walmart parking lot with my 18 month old daughter in the backseat (car-seat) I got out of the drivers seat and shut the door , I walked over to the passenger side of the car to open the door to reach in back and grab my daughter, I realized the passenger door was locked... so I went around the car to the drivers side and as I went to open the door THE DOOR HANDLE BROKE!!!!! the car wasn't running, so my infant child was locked in a car in 91 degree weather !!!!!! I called 911 but after 6 minutes and a crowd of people trying to help I SMASHED THE WINDOW to save her!!!! I will hate Lincolns until the day I die.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA