8.0

1. replace with non-aluminum hood (1 reports)
2004 Lincoln Navigator body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln Navigator:

2004 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Nov 142011

Navigator 4WD V8 5.4L

The fact that Ford acknowledges that the hood paint peeling off along with the clear coat and the multiple successful lawsuits with no recall or any assistance for owners make me rethink ever purchasing a Ford again. Not only am I embarrassed to drive my Navigator b/c my hood has as many spots on it's hood as a hormonal teenager has on their face, but I can never get what I owe on it since nobody wants to take on that repair.

I have looked into getting it sanded, painted, & clear coated again but it is very expensive and I shouldn't have to pay out of pocket for an expense like this something that isn't a part of owning a car. Would you pay to have the foundation fixed on your house if the builders didn't do it properly? I wouldn't and I see the paint job as the foundation of the vehicle since it keeps it from rust and other potential damage.

Ford needs to address this for all owners and until they do I am never going to buy a Ford vehicle nor recommend them.

- , Vandenberg AFB, CA - California, USA