2008 Lincoln Navigator brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln Navigator:

2008 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Dec 072009

Navigator 8-cyl

My brakes will fail without any warning. I will be driving and all of a sudden my brakes won't work. The anti-skid light will go on along with grinding noises. It feels like I am pressing a stake down through rocks as I press down on the brake pedal. During this time, I have no control over the brakes and I panic that the car will not stop. After a few seconds, the brakes work once again. I have taken the car into the dealership multiple times for this issue and they have never been able to fix it. The situation keeps happening. The most recent occurrence was in January, 2012. I am very scared to drive this car. I have been very fortunate that another car hasn't been close by when my brakes have failed.

- San Marino, CA, USA

Feb 272008

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Navigator. While driving between 30-45 mph, the traction light began blinking on the instrument panel. In addition, the stopping distance increased when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact did not notice any differences in the vehicle prior to the failures. The vehicle was diagnosed by the dealer, but the failures still persist. The current mileage was 9,200 and failure mileage was 3,000.

- Spearman, TX, USA