7.0

2001 Lincoln Town Car AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

May 222011

Town Car

I find it ridiculous that this car is not that old but yet, somehow parts are breaking!! I also own a Mitsubishi and I have only had to do maintenance on that car and not one thing has actually broken! I don't understand!! I live in a place where the fog is bad enough that i don't need NOT being able to SEE out my WINDOW to be an added issue!! I am going to die in this car because I can not pay for a replacement!

- , Modesto, CA, USA

Dec 042009

Town Car Executive 4.6L

Over the last year, this car had the Blower Motor stop working. If the Battery was disconnected and then reconnected resetting the EATC (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control) module, it would start working again. This went on periodically once a month or so, until now it is totally non-fuctional.

The EATC system on these cars is problematic. Very crude self diagnostic capability. I purchased a replacement EATC Control Head, and am waiting for it to come it to replace it to see if this solves the problem. I don't believe it is the Blower Motor Controller, also known as the VBC (Variable Blower Control) that is mounted in the plenum.

- , Brighton, MI, USA