2001 Lincoln Town Car seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jan 022007

Town Car 8-cyl

Certain 2001 Lincoln Town cars have been recalled for the following failures, among others (1) windshield wiper motor failure, and (2) seat belt failure to latch. I contacted Ford motors but they told me my car was not included in the recall even though I was experiencing the same identical problems these two recalls were issued for. My wiper motor has failed and the front passenger seat belt will not lock.

- Fallston, MD, USA

Jun 132007

Town Car 8-cyl

My 2001 Lincoln Town car has had two failures of seat belt items, specifically the 1W1Z-5461202-aab buckle (made in Mexico). The failure starts as an intermittent problem where the buckle will not accept the insert to keep us in our seats. Both buckles failed in the same manner.

- Fredericktown, MO, USA