2001 Lincoln Town Car suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jun 212008

Town Car

Airbags had to be replaced, mileage 102050.also, wiper motor had to be replaced 3times so far.

- Yanceyville, NC, USA

Jan 252013

Town Car 8-cyl

I lost control of the car when it hit ice at 9:20A- 1/25/2013 on I-94 near chesterton, in, spun around and crashed twice (front/rear) into the left concrete barrier parallel to the roadway. None of the 4 air bags deployed. I (age 77) and my passenger (age 83) wore seat belts that saved us. Car front smashed; car rear less damaged. Sides are O.K.. isp report id:201300021141. Neither of us sought medical treatment. My chest still hurts! air bags would have helped had they deployed. Lake shore Ford, chesterton, in (219)787-8600 said car was "totaled." Isp officer weems reported that I may receive a ticket for "too fast for conditions." Tc failed the only air bag test it ever had. Seat belts did not. No other cars were involved on busy I-94. We were lucky!

- Harbert, MI, USA

Jul 262002

Town Car

Consumer states was backing out of driveway. Put vehicle in reverse and car suddenly accelerated rearward across the street and collided w/another vehicle. Nlm. Consumer states the the exhaust pipe and muffler were replaced, the front and rear suspension was aligned.

- Rochester, PA, USA