2001 Lincoln Town Car suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Dec 062016

Town Car

My 2001 Lincoln towncar signature, . gas in fuel and drove 3 miles in park. The car little exhaust, I proceeded to the light and thermostats heating needle to hot. I move to next, light, air condition on to cool down. Immediately left turn into cypress restaurant. Parking, turn off, cool down, and next open by friend who needed go the doctor. Called aaa pull to the shop. Estimated, can not repaired this...day. So, if it was manufactured defeceits. I look up...

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jun 212008

Town Car

Airbags had to be replaced, mileage 102050.also, wiper motor had to be replaced 3times so far.

- Yanceyville, NC, USA

Jan 252013

Town Car 8-cyl

I lost control of the car when it hit ice at 9:20A- 1/25/2013 on I-94 near chesterton, in, spun around and crashed twice (front/rear) into the left concrete barrier parallel to the roadway. None of the 4 air bags deployed. I (age 77) and my passenger (age 83) wore seat belts that saved us. Car front smashed; car rear less damaged. Sides are O.K.. isp report id:201300021141. Neither of us sought medical treatment. My chest still hurts! air bags would have helped had they deployed. Lake shore Ford, chesterton, in (219)787-8600 said car was "totaled." Isp officer weems reported that I may receive a ticket for "too fast for conditions." Tc failed the only air bag test it ever had. Seat belts did not. No other cars were involved on busy I-94. We were lucky!

- Harbert, MI, USA

Jul 262002

Town Car

Consumer states was backing out of driveway. Put vehicle in reverse and car suddenly accelerated rearward across the street and collided w/another vehicle. Nlm. Consumer states the the exhaust pipe and muffler were replaced, the front and rear suspension was aligned.

- Rochester, PA, USA