1.4

2003 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Town Car:

2003 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

May 062014

Town Car 8-cyl

My Lincoln has blown #3 spark plug-when I was traveling 70 mph-twice within 18,000 miles between incidents-total repair cost-over $1600-total aggravation cost-priceless !! each time the plug blows-the mechanic "fixes" it-and we are told-there is no permanent fix-and it will probably blow again. We have been stranded by this problem-in a little one-horse town-with no mechanic on duty for 2 days-so, you can add the hotel bill as well as the tow charge to that above stated amount. Upon research-we have found out that Ford products have had this problem since 1996-not only Lincoln-but, Mercury-trucks-etc. What the heck-can't someone address this problem. This is nuts. This is my last Ford-can you even imagine our frustration-we love our Lincoln-it was my husbands' retirement present-what a total outrage-this has happened twice-you know what-three strikes-you're out !! someone needs to do something-.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Jul 312012

Town Car

My vehicle broke down and thus had it towed to a Ford dealership to be fixed. The diagnosis was a cracked engine manifold that leaked coolant all over the top of the engine ruining the cylinders, spark plugs, ignition coils, oil, oil filter and fuse box. The dealership explained to me that because these manifolds are now plastic and no longer metal, they are prone to breaking. The total of the repairs came to over $2000. Upon some research, I discovered that I was not alone in this fiasco. There was a class action suit filed back in 2004-05 against Ford Motor Company. However, I was told that I did "not qualify because my Lincoln was not a fleet vehicle" seems to be Ford's go to excuse when mass amounts of their cars (Town car, Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis) are recalled. Received no compensation help from Ford or the lawsuit.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA