2003 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Town Car:

2003 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Nov 142014

Town Car YES 4.6L

engine idles very strange when in gear and stopped

Car runs great normally. Whenever I have the car in gear with my foot on the brake it will idle fine for 30 seconds. Then it idles rough for 30 seconds. It will repeat this as long as I sit in one spot. If I turn the A/C on it doesn't do it. If I put it in neutral it won't do it. It use to give me a code that indicated that the number 3 cylinder was not firing. I checked the plug and coil pack and they were fine. I replaced them anyway and it still does it. I have cleaned the AIC Volve, the EGR and the mass air sensor. No change. Ideas?

- , Orlando, FL, USA