1. kit to rehole the spark plug fitting (1 reports)
  3. take to a machine shop (1 reports)
2004 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln Town Car:

2004 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Nov 232015

Town Car Town Car 4.6L

I was driving home from work and I heard a loud pop several times. I immediately pulled over and called my husband. We had it towed to our house because I knew we were not going to have $ to fix it right now. My husband is familiar with cars and realized is was a blown out spark plug. He got a new one and was replacing it when he realize it would not go in past 2 or 3 threads. We are scared to drive it. My car only has 86000 original miles and when I called the dealership they said it was out of warranty because of the 5 year limit. My Lincoln is a 2004. I don't have the money to fix right now. My husband began to search online the problems with the Lincoln's and this is where I found the website and I'm going to notify NHTSA. We don't think it is safe and there should be a recall on this problem.

- , Orange, TX, USA

Jan 292015

Town Car Ultimate L 4.6L V8

Took it to the dealer, said they couldn't fix the hole, they said I now have to take it to a machine shop to have the hole repaired with an aluminum block, rethread the hole, etc.

- , Renton, WA, USA

Dec 012014

Town Car V8

This is the second time a spark plug blew out of my engine, after just turning the key to start the car. Then the engine goes pop, pop, no power. Just stuck. We have this one car. Now I have no way to work. The first fix took a week and the bill payment. Now I am stuck, maybe 2 weeks and Ford dealer want $100 to diagnose, suggests car might need a new head if there's internal damage. I am not made of money, just a middle class Joe. I hear it is a defect for this model of car and I wonder if Ford company makes any type of restitution?????? Give me some feedback please!

- , Winona, MN, USA