2005 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lincoln Town Car:

2005 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Mar 142016

Town Car

The contact owns a 2005 Lincoln Town car. While attempting to slow down, the brake pedal failed to respond and the engine began to rev without warning. The contact mentioned that an abnormal noise was heard coming from the rear driver side tire before the brakes became operable. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 67,000.

- Maimi, FL, USA

Aug 102015

Town Car

Immediate uninitiated tremendous engine acceleration after shifting from reverse to drive. I had to jam the brake on and put the car in neutral until the acceleration stopped. This has occurred previously approximately five other times over the course of eight years.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Nov 032014

Town Car

The contact owns a 2005 Lincoln Town car. The contact stated that water entered the vehicle through the passenger side of the vehicle. The contact also stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000. The VIN was not available.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 082013

Town Car 8-cyl

TL the contact owns a 2005 Lincoln Town car. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle's engine stalled. The contact shifted the gear into neutral and the vehicle operated normally. The failure occurred seven times. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure and produce a failure code. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 27,000. Jcc updated 8/11/14

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Jan 022006

Town Car 8-cyl

Our concrete drive is at a small incline-I went to put car in our garage -I had overhead garage door open-I started car and the wheels squealed leaving tire marks on concrete as it jumped forward-when I hit brake pedal it accelerated more. This was one of about 7 cases where car for no reason accelerated and jumped forward without any warning-when this happens the tires always squeal leaving tire marks on surface. In Oct. 2012 I was at a 4 way stop light-light was red and without any warning car jumped forward and 2 cars had to take action to miss my car as it ran through the stop light-other cars were blowing their horns-thank god we did not crash. This condition is extremely serious I have reported these cases to krenzen where I bought car but they claim there was never a case reported such as this. I asked them to make a report on it. I find many cases on the internet like my case.

- Two Harbors, MN, USA