2005 Lincoln Town Car fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lincoln Town Car:

2005 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Mar 032012

Town Car

I have a 2005 Lincoln Town car, signature series, that on the same day on two occasions while going slow and lightly braking the car suddenly accelerated. My foot was not anywhere close to the gas pedal. This has never happened before and not in the last two weeks. I went up on the net and found many other people had reported the exact same problem with that exact year and model Lincoln. A number of which went to their local Ford dealer only to find them to say we checked it out thoroughly and found nothing wrong. I expect this could very well happen again and create a very serious accident. I just want to go on record as having reported this incident to as many places as possible so that in the event it causes an accident in the future I have some recourse if they say it was only drivers error. I may send this to ntsb, consumers guide, and insurance safety board and others in hopes of getting some answer other than, could not duplicate problem. Thank you

- La Luz, NM, USA