2.3

2006 Lincoln Town Car fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Town Car:

2006 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jan 302015

Town Car 8-cyl

While exiting a parking facility cars were doing an alternate merge into a single lane. It was slow stop and go and I was waiting my turn with my foot on the brake. All of a sudden my car accelerated aggressively and I slammed on the brakes and put it in park. I used just less than a car length to stop the car after it lurched forward. I noticed that the tachometer momentarily exceeded 4000 RPM. This would have been an accident except for fortuitous timing. I allowed the car to my left space to merge and there was about a car length of space available which the other car had not entered yet. That space gave me the margin to get the car stopped without hitting a car in front of me.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Oct 032014

Town Car 8-cyl

I went to fill my gas tank, and my gas tank started leaking. I drove straight to my mechanic and he told me the gas tank had rusted through and the strap holding the tank had rusted and broke away. I had the tank and strap replaced at a cost to me of $632.

- Redford, MI, USA

Dec 292012

Town Car

The contact owns a 2006 Lincoln Town car. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, she heard a loud scratching sound. After inspecting the vehicle, she noticed that the fuel tank had become detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was found that the fuel tank straps had failed due to corrosion and needed to be replaced along with the fuel tank. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 52,000.

- West Lebanon , NY, USA

Dec 292012

Town Car 8-cyl

We heard a scraping sound and pulled into a parking space, another motorist jumped out of their car and said your gas tank is dragging on the ground! the vehicle was towed to the dealership.

- West Lebanon, NY, USA