2006 Lincoln Town Car seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Town Car:

2006 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 132013

Town Car 8-cyl

Upon driving the vehicle the air bag light would come on....and the seatbelt alarm would sound over and over again. So I took the car into allan vigil Ford to be checked. They told me my seat belt needed to be replaced, which they said they had to pull the dash out to get to the proper parts. The cost of this repair was $594.27......the light came on again in September 9, 2013...at which time I carried it back to allan vigil and was told it was then the passenger side seatbelt with the same issue..... they repaired it at the cost of $630.88......I feel this should have been handled by Ford, at no cost to me...because upon my further internet searches found this was an issue that has been going on several years with the seatbelts...of the 2006 Lincoln towncars. Also I feel I should have been given more consideration due to the fact that my husband retired from Ford with 35 years service. Please respond.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Oct 192012

Town Car

The contact owns a 2006 Lincoln Town car. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated the seat belt sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jul 122011

Town Car 8-cyl

Air bag warning light came on. Took to dealer and they diagnosed failure of the driver seat belt pretensioner and replaced at a cost of $628. Thirty days later, August 13, air bag warning light came on again. Took to dealer and this time I was told the passenger side seat belt pretensioner was faulty and replaced at a cost of $764. It would seem that a safety requirement such as these should last more than a 100,000 miles?

- Carolina Beach, NC, USA

Jun 152012

Town Car 8-cyl

The passive restraint indicator light (shows an airbag and seatbelt), also called seatbelt retractor, came on and remained on with an audible alarm (5 beeps, 5 times) repeating every 30 minutes. The problem diagnosis was for the left front seat belt pretensioner ( driver's side). A Lincoln dealer service employee said the airbag will not work with this problem. At another Lincoln dealership I was told many 2006 towncars had the same problem. It started beeping at 122,000 miles and I was not involved in a crash. A Ford employee told me last year's supplier went out of business, so they had to change the manufacturer for the new part. The price went from $150 for the pretensioner to $360 for the kit (from the new manufacturer), which is the only thing you can get to fix the problem, even though you don't need a new seat belt, buckle, etc. Because of the additional installation costs ($200 to $330), many people may not be able to afford the fix, putting their lives at risk as well as their passenger's.

Oct 262011

Town Car 8-cyl

2006 Lincoln towncar, problem diagnosis was left front seat tensioner the consumer was told by dealership that the problem was the left front seat belt tensioner and that the airbag would not work with the seat belt updated 6/7/12 updated 07/13/12

Mar 142012

Town Car 8-cyl

The passive restraint indicator light (shows an airbag and seatbelt), also called seatbelt retractor, came on and remained on with an audible alarm (5 beeps, 5 times) repeating every 30 minutes. The problem diagnosis was for the right front seat belt pretensioner (passenger side). A Lincoln dealer service employee said the airbag will not work with this problem. At another Lincoln dealership I was told many 2006 towncars had the same problem, but on the driver" side, mine is on the passenger. The problem started around 114,000 miles, my car is now about 117,000 miles. And I was not involved in a crash. A Ford employee told me last year"S supplier went out of business, so they had to change the manufacturer for the new part. The price went from $150 for the pretensioner to $360 for the kit (from the new manufacturer), the only thing you can get to fix the problem, even though you don"T need a new seat belt, buckle, etc". because of the additional installation costs ($200 to $330), many people may not be able to afford the fix. In my situation, neither Lincoln, nor Ford were able to get my part. It is not because my part was the wrong number, it is because the part in the box was the wrong part. We are supposed to get number five, I believe, tomorrow, 5/15/12.

Oct 262011

Town Car 8-cyl

The problem diagnosis was the left front seat belt tensioner. A Lincoln dealer service employee said "the air bag will not work with this problem". at another Lincoln dealership a service employee mentioned "this has been a real nightmare", many are having this same problem. I hear they had to change the manufacturer for the new part. Because of the part and installation cost, perhaps many people may not be able to afford the fix, therefore leaving them in a dangerous situation.