2007 Lincoln Town Car miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln Town Car:

2007 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jul 172015

Town Car

I was doing 65 on the 60 freeway in city of walnut ca. And all of a sudden my car began to accelerate full speed, I looked at my dash just to see if cruise control was on, "which it was not" so I pressed the brake but the car kept on accelerating so I had to hold the brake down as hard as I could but despite doing that I was doing between 60 and 70 mph, I could not even get the car to go less than 60 mph no matter what, my exit came and I could not even get off by this time I had to swerve around cars because I could not slow down I was already panicking I really thought I was going to die finally after a few more seconds the car stopped accelerating and I was in control I need help to have this corrected as soon as possible please. Thank you

- Highland, CA, USA

Jul 022015

Town Car

The car was idling as I was preparing to leave my employer's parking lot. My foot was on the brake. At the moment I shifted the car into drive, the engine raced and lunged forward. With my foot firmly on the brake, the rear tires screeched, but the brakes kept the car from moving more than several feet.. within several seconds, I was able turn off the key and return the shift lever to park. I tried to duplicate the problem in a safe area, but could not. My foot was not on both pedals (brake and accelerator) simultaneously as the engine was as idling when I shifted into drive. There is no floor mat to interfere with normal operation. The brake pedal was in a "raised" position- a feature of the car. I was not familiar with the "sudden acceleration" problem other drivers had reported previously, but I did read about problems associated with the raised brake pedal and the close proximity of the accelerator pedal (within the past few days). Before researching the possible cause of this incident, I thought the problem might have been associated with the linkage of the two pedals. Now, I'm convinced the issue will not be an easy fix.

- Rochester, NY, USA