2009 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lincoln Town Car:

2009 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jun 172012

Town Car 8-cyl

As I was approaching my left turn into the community I live in and driving about 45 mph, I stepped onto the brake and the car engine started accelerating. There was a vehicle approaching in the opposite direction which was the reason I was trying to stop. I pushed down on the brake but the engine continued to accelerate. I shifted into neutral and the engine slowed down. This is a very dangerous situation to be in. This happened twice since I owned the vehicle. I took it to the dealer but they could not re-create the situation again.

- Clermont, FL, USA