2006 Lincoln Zephyr fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr:

2006 Lincoln Zephyr Owner Comments

Dec 162011

Zephyr 6-cyl

The problem is re-occurring. When the weather goes below freezing ice builds up around the electronic throttle body. The car will start and as the engine starts to heat up the ice starts to break up. As soon as I have taken the car past 25mph and I let off the gas the engine starts to stall out sending an error signal to the computer and the wrench light comes on. I must say that the problem is very random and does not always occur. I have learned from experience that I must pull over and turn off the car. Turning off the car causes the computer to reset and the wrench light turns off and the car goes back to normal. I am upset because after I took the car to my local dealer they told me that nothing was wrong and that in order for them to fix the problem I would have to drive the car in with the wrench light still on. In reality, this means that I would have to drive with a fuel starved stalling engine to the dealership and I would have to keep the car running until somebody came to help. As soon as I turn off the car the problem no longer exists. I have read many other online posts and blogs from other Lincoln and Ford owners describing the same issue. I hope that Ford can acknowledge this problem. I am very frustrated.

- Wadsworth, OH, USA