2002 Mitsubishi Diamante cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante:

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Owner Comments

Jan 142005

Diamante 6-cyl

This heater core leaks directly over computers which control the engine - and could cause it to act unpredictably or cut out altogether when driving. * anti-freeze contains ethylene gylcol which can cause serious respiratory damage * the leaking anti-freeze causes a film to form on the windshield, which can cause the windscreen to fog up suddenly, obscuring the view of the road and potentially causing a collision it will cost me more than $900 to repair this item, plus the cost to replace my carpet and to clean the interior of my vehicle. Plus I do not know if I will everget rid of the smell and this will most likely lower the resale value costing me even more in the long term.I would expect this kind of thing to happen to a car that is more than 10 years or old. But in a car that was made in 2001 and has only 54,000 miles and was serviced regularly at the company's own dealer service center is absurd. I followed all the manufacturers service intervals and am being told that this usually happens when the coolant is not changed, this makes me question the dealers' and manufacturers' commitment to safety. I am saving the parts that are being replaced and will make them available for inspection if need be.

- Millington, TN, USA