4.0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jul 162012

Eclipse GS-T 2.0L Turbo

When I bought the car in July of 2012 it came with a really bad belt squeal. Basically it would squeal upon start up and squeal for a good 2-5 minuites. sometimes intermediate. I tried replacing all the belts, cleaning the pullys and even replacing the power steering pump. What made this problem really strange is that the alternator died on me not too long after I got the car. Even when I replaced it, the exact same squeal was there. so it must be pretty easy to misalign the alternator in these cars.

- , Putnam, CT, USA