2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jul 132008

Loss of engine power or dies that locks the steering wheel after 10 to 20 minutes you could revive the engine again usually happen every day. Went to the dealer with service bulletin that might affect on it but they say no problem on it and they void the service bulletin or try to.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 012001

Eclipse 6-cyl

Not only do I have the aggrevation of bent rims and flat tires, and financial hardship on this, my left side of the car doesn't align to the right. Water leeks in on the left side. Sometimes the heater blows out cool air. The sunroof shakes when opening. I already had a manufacuters defect in my strut on the left side. I have sctraches on the left side fom the car scrapping the ground when I make a right hand turn. I had to have the cooling system replaced the first week I financed hood won't open and my headlights fail causing me to dirve only with the fog lights. All these issues are the same and constant since I purchased this lemon.

- Garnerville, NY, USA