2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Nov 262015

Eclipse GT 3.0L V6

On November 25th, 2015 after midnight I headed it home with my girlfriend 100mph on the highway. When we reached my house I put the car in R for reverse and I noticed a 5 seconds delay for my car to move in reverse then I changed it to (D( drive and the same thing happened 5 seconds delay again. So I waited until next morning to see it would be better, but the car still has the same problem today. I called one of my friends who is a mechanic and I explained him to him on the phone what was happening to my car and he said, it probably was the transmission or something broke in the inside of the engine and I got really scared my car was dead. Then he said to bring the car to his shop. I told him the engine was running, but it was just a delay when I put it on D or R like if it was on N, neutral. We used (Lucas oil transmission fix) and it helped a little bit but the car still has the same problem. ONLY trying to fix it will cost close to 2,000 dollars. It runs, but I feel how it lost a lot of horsepowers.

- , Fitchburg, MA, USA