$1,800.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Dec 242014

Eclipse GT 3.0L

F4A51 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse GT transmission is a 1 year 1 car transmission. Do not buy this car with the AT in it used! Wave spring issue is very common and will happen to all of them causing Pump Failure. This causes no forward or reverse of the transmission it just stops working completely, caput ur done! My car has 62,000 original miles!

- , Joplin, MO, USA

Dec 222008

Eclipse GT V6

I was driving my car home, (after having put shell V-Power gas in it for the first time, if that makes any difference), and all of a sudden it started vibrating really hard when I went to park it in my driveway. I thought it might have been because of the added power from the gas. However, the next day, I drove it and it started bucking when I tried accelerating. I tried to accelerate more slowly and gently, but it continued to buck, ( like the whole car was "jumping" or "thumping") and it wouldn't go into gear. After about another mile, the neutral light on the instrument panel started blinking, while I was driving the car. And then, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on, so I called a tow company, in fear that the car might blow up or something else awful. It is still in the shop, because it's a holiday, but the garage I took it to says it's a transmission problem, but it might just be a pump. They will be towing it again to another garage that specializes in transmissions. I'm just waiting to hear the news. :(

- , Stephens City, VA, USA

Mar 132004

Eclipse GS

it really sucks, my car wont go anywhere now, and im freaking broke.

- , Burkburnett, TX, USA