2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Dec 222008

Eclipse GT V6

I was driving my car home, (after having put shell V-Power gas in it for the first time, if that makes any difference), and all of a sudden it started vibrating really hard when I went to park it in my driveway. I thought it might have been because of the added power from the gas. However, the next day, I drove it and it started bucking when I tried accelerating. I tried to accelerate more slowly and gently, but it continued to buck, ( like the whole car was "jumping" or "thumping") and it wouldn't go into gear. After about another mile, the neutral light on the instrument panel started blinking, while I was driving the car. And then, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on, so I called a tow company, in fear that the car might blow up or something else awful. It is still in the shop, because it's a holiday, but the garage I took it to says it's a transmission problem, but it might just be a pump. They will be towing it again to another garage that specializes in transmissions. I'm just waiting to hear the news. :(

- , Stephens City, VA, USA

Mar 132004

Eclipse GS

it really sucks, my car wont go anywhere now, and im freaking broke.

- , Burkburnett, TX, USA