2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jul 172005

Eclipse 6-cyl

I bought my 2003 Eclipse GT in March of 2004. At approximately 30,000 miles two bulges suddenlyappeared on left side front and rear tires (one bulge on each). When the car was taken to the Goodyear retailer I was told it was the result of running over pot holes. However, the position of the bulges doesn't suggest so. The tires are Goodyear rsas which came stock on the car. The tire size is P215/VR17.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 012003

Two out of four tires had bulges coming out of the sidewalls after less than 14,000 miles. Took them to Goodyear and they blamed it on me. They said the plys delaminated because I was running into too many potholes (which I wasn't). I've never had a tire do this before. I think the rsa's are an accident waiting to happen and a serious investigation needs to be initiated on these tires, especially the low-profile version. My tire size is P215/50vr17, and came stock on my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse gts.

- Kirkland, WA, USA