8.8

2. Mitsubishi TSB 09-55-002 (2 reports)
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor:

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Owner Comments

Jun 272016

Endeavor 3.8L

Really sucks pool of water on driver floor side, my job now is to use a bath towel to get rid of but i have to buy more for this problem any solution pliz advice, Recall pleaz i am getting frustrated.

- , Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 042013

Endeavor LImited 3.8L

Just of the blue my car starting smelling like old water and a few days later when I got it it was like stepping in a puddle of water. After sucking it out I figured it was a one time thing but then a few days later when trying to press brakes my foot slips from the floor beening wet again.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 172013

Endeavor AWD 3.8L

Well if you made it this far and are reading this then the chances are you have water leaking into your drivers side floor boards. I have been around various car problems however this one was the most baffling. Anyway if you are not convinced of the problem here are the symptoms. You will notice a "swooshing" sound of water when you stop and accelerate as this is the water running back and forth underneath the floor boards. In addition, over time the water level will rise and you will notice your rugs underneath the drivers side having standing water. In my case I noticed the swooshing noise several months before the issue became apparent with actual water soaking the rugs. In doing what your doing right now (reading blogs, complaints, etc...) I found several sites that posted similar issues among Endeavor owners. In my particular case the water leaks even when the air condition is not running. I think that is due to so much water already retained from running the air condition that by now tank or whatever is holding all the water is overflowing and the blower is just forcing whatever water is in the tank out into the interior. The sad thing is it seems as if there is no easy fix. There are several TSB on this from Mitsubishi and it seems that depending on your make or model it will determine if this is a $50 fix or a $1000 fix. Apparently the AWD models configuration may not allow easy access to the drain hole so that it can be snaked free of debris or cleared with pressure. But each mechanic is different and you may get lucky. If not then it means taking apart the dash and disassembling the HVAC unit. It is just extremely frustrating that along with the financial burden the health and safety risks that this problem has not been addressed via a recall. To this point I was fortunate with this car and was even thinking that my next SUV would be a Mitsubishi. But after seeing how Mitsubishi Corp is handling this then I will definitely think otherwise.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 102012

Endeavor

When this problem started I did not have a clue what was wrong. Not long after the problem started my ac quit working. I took it to Mitsubishi and they replaced the condenser so I thought my problem would be solved. No! So I spend $800 and they didn't even unclog the tube that is causing the leak. I moved out of state right after and haven't been able to take it in to get it fixed. It is ruining my car. I live in Florida and no AC is not an option. I soak up the water with beach towels. Depending on the day it will soak 2-3 beach towels ringing wet. That's a lot of water coming in. I dread having to fight over this! Ugh!

- , Jupiter, FL, USA

Jul 232010

Endeavor LS AWD 3.8L

The have many models with a/c leaking inside, If you look at TSB-09-55-002 the last page of three says to only repair on a complaint basis only.This is a design flaw not a warranty issue ! You do not put a a/c evap. inside the vehicle. This is asking for water problems. The leak grew mold before we discovered it and made my wife very sick. She had bronchitis for two and a half months.It took many dr. visits and three different antibiotics before she got better. Little did we know her truck was making her sick.

I just went to the dealer for the fourth or fifth different recall issue and explained the problem while I was there. Mitsubishi acted like the didn't know about this and declined to fix it because it was out of warranty. Like I said, this is not a warranty issue it is a design flaw that is making people sick. Everyone in my family either has asthma, allergies, or both. We can't run the the A/C for fear of more mold and mildew growing.

All you have to do is to google Endeavor a/c water leaking to see how wide spread the problem is. There are other models with the same issue. The problem is a health risk for people with respiratory problems as well as the water will rust out the floor boards making it a safety issue as well ! Something has to be done about the way Mitsubishi is handling this problem. They are well aware of it and are dodging their responsibility to step up and do something about it. I AM NOT DONE YET !!!!! RECALL THIS TRUCK.....!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Gainesville, VA, USA