2.4

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor:

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Owner Comments

Feb 102016

Endeavor

Originally the liftgate would not open only the glass top would open. A common issue according to several Mitsubishi Endeavor owner forums for Endeavors from 2004 to 2008. Recently both liftgate and glass would not open at all unless I used the manual release located on the inside part of the liftgate. However, while driving recently the liftgate and or glass top actuated itself causing the liftgate to unlock on its own and open. If it were not for the dinging of the dash informing me one of my doors was open I would have never noticed. This could have caused the contents of my trunk to spill out on the road and only god knows what could've happened. My mechanic recommended I change both latches to be safe ($100 each) however this is a reoccurring problem so it would only be a matter of time before I'd be back having to replace them again. I verified this with testimonials from other Endeavor owners via multiple forums and repair blogs....

- Bronx, NY, USA