2001 Mitsubishi Galant brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Oct 012003

Galant 6-cyl

I was driving down the marbach rd at 40 mi hr street surface changed and my anti lock and traction light came on. Read the manual to rectify the problem did as said and the light went off but came back on later that day. Two weeks later while I was driving the car shut off, I was almost hit from behind. A sound of a thump and a whining sound then the brake went all the way down. Called dealer said $180 per wheel plus $72 to find which wheel because I am out of warranty. I can't afford this feel this can be hazard as I drive some time the car will pull opposite direction. In raining weather the car has little to no traction.

- San Antonio, TX, USA